It has only been in the last few years that I have been able to say “Thank You” to people who say or do nice things for me. I was good at exiting the scene before those laments started to fly. I guess I never learned how to accept them without feeling embarrassed or unworthy and I didn’t want to show my then crimson facial glow. Now I can accept “Thanks” with a nudge from God. After all, I am living for Him so it isn’t really for me. See how I side stepped that…lol.
A million “Thank You’s” Kat for nominating me for this award. Like you, I always thought the cool people got the awards. Those that stand out in the crowd as special or gifted or the over achievers where everything they do miraculously turns into gold.
Kat’s questions to me:
What or who inspires you?
Watching and interacting with Christians as they go through adversity. I love watching people have fun and all, but learning how to deal with the not-so-fun things are more valuable.
Why do you blog?
I want people to know it is OK to mess up. To not have to be perfect to be accepted. To not have to live with guilt and regret for a past you cannot change. To know that bad choices do not define us unless we allow them to. Jesus paid the price for all our sin, no matter how big or small so let it go!
If you could spend a day with someone (real, fictional, alive or dead) who would it be and why?
My grandfather Emerson. He died when I was three so I barely remember him. But my dad tells me stories of his childhood and about the brief time I spent with him and his stories fascinate me. He was a true man of God with a high moral character and tons of patience. I’ll write why in a blog soon.
If you could ask 3 fictional characters a question, who would it be and what would you ask each?
- Superman – What does it feel like to have supernatural power like flying?
- Count Dracula – What does it feel like to be immortal (almost)?
- Curious George – How do you maintain your innocence in this world?
If you could ask 3 real people (living or dead) a question, who would it be and what would you ask each?
- Grandmother Ruth (Nanny) – Tell me all the stories from your life. She was an amazing survivor and I never got the chance to ask her a million questions. She taught me a lot but had so much more to share.
- Cousin Joe – What happened that made you feel like your only way out was to end your life?
- Jesus Christ – What did it feel like to ascend into Heaven knowing where you were going and what was in store?
What is your favorite post that you have written (or 2 or 3)?
- The Fall of Mankind…again!
- The Vanishing Door
- Peace in the midst of chaos
What is your dream?
For there to be no wars, poverty, cruelty, death…
If you could have 3 wishes granted right now, what would they be?
I wish my family could all live together is one huge house where the temperature was never higher than 70.
You have a choice of only 3 things you can keep for the rest of your life; what are they?
A cell phone, a computer and a comfortable chair.
What is something you’ve always wanted to try?
Sky diving. I think it would be the ultimate thrill.
If you could be anywhere right now (real or fictional), where would it be?
North Carolina near my children and grandchildren.
Those are the questions Kat asked me. My questions are the same for my nominees who are listed below.
- Kat Frost @ More Than I’ve Been
- Classy Canuck @ Prophecy Six
- hismasterpiece9 @ Living For Christ One Day at a Time
- andrewdavidmitchell @ 9-Year Bible
- mangerministries @ Walk the Talk
And your questions are:
- What or who inspires you?
- Why do you blog?
- If you could spend a day with someone (real, fictional, alive or dead) who would it be and why?
- If you could ask 3 fictional characters a question, who would it be and what would you ask each?
- If you could ask 3 real people (living or dead) a question, who would it be and what would you ask each?
- What is your favorite post that you have written (or 2 or 3)?
- What is your dream?
- If you could have 3 wishes granted right now, what would they be?
- You have a choice of only 3 things you can keep for the rest of your life; what are they?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to try?
- If you could be anywhere right now (real or fictional), where would it be?
These are the rules for the Liebster Award.
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Good Luck, God bless and Happy Blogging!